Saturday 27 January 2007

Suggested Wedding Hymns

There are many beautiful hymns that you could sing on your wedding day which I have found appropriate. I list them below.

I also offer you a hymn which goes to the tune of 'Jerusalem', called Wedding Bells. I wrote it in 1988 when I was a vicar in the small East Devon village of Chardstock. I am please to say that since then it has been sung in many churches throughout the country.

'WEDDING BELLS'

Let wedding bells ring out with pride

All through the rolling countryside

Where the sheep graze and horses roam

In this their green and pleasant home.

Dear Lord of Love, descend we pray,

On this their chosen wedding day.

Unite them in the vows they have made

And bless their every thought and word.

.....

Give them good health and happiness,

Bless them in love and tenderness.

Enfold them in your sweet caress,

Protect them in your shroud so blest.

Let every day bring forth true love,

A touch a smile, gifts from above.

May their tomorrows be, as today

On this their happy wedding day.

Reverend Geoffrey Walsh

...................

You may also wish to consider one or more of the following which may be found in most church hymn books:


O Jesus, I have promised

I danced in the morning when the world was begun

Come down, O Love divine

Lead us, heavenly Father, lead us

Morning has broken

I vow to thee my country

Praise, my soul, the King of heaven

God is Love: Let Heaven adore him

The Lord's my shepherd
(to the tune of Crimond or Brother James' Aire)

Love Divine, all loves excelling

Dear Lord and Father of mankind

All things bright and beautiful

One more step along the world I go

Give me oil in my lamp, keep me burning

Lord the light of your love is shining

Lord Jesus Christ, you have come to us

Amazing Grace

If you require any further help please do not hesitate to contact me.

The Reverend Geoffrey Walsh Email: walsh007@talktalk.net

No comments: